It’s late 2018 and Amazon FBA is absolutely booming right now.
But you know that already, that’s why you’re here reading this.
And seeing as you are here reading this, you must also know about…
Amazing Selling Machine
One of the top training programs available in the Amazon space.
You may even be seriously considering signing up to the latest version of the ASM course…ASMX.
If you are, you’re not going too far wrong, that’s for sure!
The course creators; Matt Clark and Jason Katzenback put an awful lot into their long-running course, and it shows in the ongoing quality of the training.
Pretty much everything about ASM is good:
- It works
- It’s regularly updated
- There’s a 6 month money-back guarantee
- The product owners genuinely care about maintaining its high quality
The only real downsides:
- It’s only open to new members a couple of times a year
- The price is right at the top end at a pretty chunky $4,997 for ASMX
Is the price of Amazing Selling Machine going to come down anytime soon?
Are the owners going to leave the doors open to newcomers on a permanent basis?
Unfortunately, it’s looking very unlikely on both counts!
And why would they?
When they do open the doors to the latest version of the ASM course, which to date has only ever been twice a year, they tend to be oversubscribed.
So some people are happy to wait, as well as pay the high price.
But not everyone!
For some people the price is just too high.
And some people simply just don’t want to wait…
…they want to crack on with their Amazon FBA business right now.
But what are the realistic alternatives?
The good news is this:
Amazing Selling Machine is not your only option…
…there are other great training courses available.
All perfectly positioned to get you up and running with a successful Amazon business.
But be very careful when choosing between them.
There’s some really awful stuff out there as well…of course there is, it is the internet we’re talking about after all.
So now what?
Do you now have to go and waste your valued time and hard-earned money trying to sort the good from the bad?
I’ve already done that bit, so you don’t have to!
But before I give you what I believe to be the best alternatives to Amazing Selling Machine…
…a word of warning:
This business model, like any real business, does require some upfront capital.
If you’re looking to start up a business without any upfront expenditure, this probably isn’t the right opportunity for you.
I’m not saying it’s impossible to do this on a shoestring budget, but it will be a lot tougher and take much longer to get off the ground.
It also takes work to get this type of business up and running, we’re not talking about a push-button opportunity here.
Let’s get to it…
Which Amazon training programs do I believe to be right up there with Amazing Selling Machine?
And which is the one that I credit with turning my Amazon FBA business from flailing disaster into thriving business?
Basic Criteria for Inclusion:
- Must not be focused solely on retail arbitrage strategies
- Must be suitable for US and non-US residents
- Product owners must have successful Amazon FBA track record themselves
I’ve applied the above criteria so that we’re comparing like-with-like.
Here they are:
Okay, I’m probably a bit biased.
The MarketPlace SuperHeroes training is what I use and it’s what’s turned my Amazon FBA business around.
I originally joined MPSH mid 2017, since then the course has been continually updated so that it remains completely current and fit for purpose.
The good and the bad…
- Step-by-step well laid out training modules
- Every aspect of establishing a successful of Amazon FBA business is covered
- Training goes deep
- Comprehensive training for selling on Amazon internationally
- Good for beginners, intermediate and advanced
- Product owners are extremely engaged
- Well defined and genuine USP
- Facebook community is not as active as it could be
Two things really appealed to me when I first signed up for my training with with these guys:
Product Selection Strategy: There’s a crystal clear method for selecting potential products and this is combined with the MPSH software for filtering those potential products through to the best opportunities.
International Expansion: This is not often taught on other Amazon courses who tend to focus only on the United States market. MPSH want you to build your business for international expansion across the U.S., United Kingdom, other European countries etc.
When product owners Robert Rickey and Stephen Somers say they want to teach you how to build a 5 – 7 figure global Amazon business…they absolutely mean it!
This is how MarketPlace Superheroes describe the course:
Discover the exact system that our community members use and have sold over $33,434,000 and completed over 1,343,700 orders on 7 marketplaces with simple, low competition items.
The MPSH course includes:
Core System Phase 1:
- 7 videos on what to expect from the course and how to maximise what you get from it
- 9 videos on the product research strategy and how to use the MPSH product analysis tool
- 6 videos on how to further filter your best product opportunities from the search phase
- 5 videos on how to select your best product opportunities
- 7 videos on choosing your best product opportunity and starting your supplier search
- 11 videos on finding suppliers, negotiating, placing sample orders, packaging and branding
Core System Phase 2:
- Business Structure & Seller Central – structuring your business and account set-up
- Purchasing & Importing – purchasing and importing process
- FBA Road Map – the FBA process, including Amazon Seller Central, labelling requirements
- Listing Optimisation – creating world-class product listings that convert
- Account Management – how to manage your new Amazon business on a day-to-day basis
- International Expansion – expanding your Amazon business internationally
Everything you need to create a real thriving business…from scratch!
The content is rock-solid and covers all the crucial topics in great depth, showing that Robert and Stephen are extremely knowledgeable from their many years as Amazon traders.
In my opinion, MPSH does a better job than the competition in deep-diving into all of the areas where the risks of this particular business model lay.
Learn the course material properly and you will be able to avoid all of the potential pitfalls that often slow down new entrants into this market.
Without doubt I believe this to be the best alternative to Amazing Selling Machine, and at a much better price…plus it has the added bonus of an option to pay over twelve months.
Program/Course: MarketPlace SuperHeroes System v.2
Product Owners: Robert Rickey and Stephen Somers
Price: $997 (or 12 x $97 option available)
My Rating: 9/10
Visit the site here: MarketPlace SuperHeroes
Jim Cockrum’s Proven Amazon Course
This is a very popular alternative to Amazing Selling Machine.
And it’s certainly one of the longest running.
If you were to join-up, you’d fine that there’s tonnes of detail covered inside the member’s area.
The combination of video tutorials and written material take you from starting out, to sourcing products, to private labeling and logistics.
But one of the biggest appeals of the course is that there is a specific section for international FBA. A lot of courses do not consider anyone living outside of the U.S.
If you want a bit more info on what’s inside PAC after you’ve read this round-up review, you can find my full review here.
The good and the bad…
- 100% money back guarantee
- New training material added regularly
- Content is ideal for both newbies and intermediate
- Very active Facebook community
- Great support
- The way the course material is laid out can be a bit confusing for a beginner
- Tends to cover everything broadly, rather than in-depth
This is how the Proven Amazon Course team describe the course:
No other Amazon strategy team in the world boasts the #1 top selling toy on Amazon.com! We’ve helped numerous students and clients achieve incredible rank on Amazon!
PAC includes the following:
- Introduction to Amazon FBA
- Step-by-Step getting-started videos
- Where to find virtually unlimited sources of inventory
- How to build your own brand of private label products
- How to easily ship your inventory in bulk at dirt cheap prices
- How to price your inventory higher than your competition
- How to automate the entire process
- How to run your business from anywhere and automate it
If you are serious about starting a business selling products on Amazon, and you’re a bit of an independent learner, Proven Amazon Course is well worth thinking about as an alternative to Amazing Selling Machine.
Course: Jim Cockrum’s Proven Amazon Course
Product Owner: Jim Cockrum
Price: $399 (or 3 x $146 option available)
My Rating: 8/10
Visit the site here: Proven Amazon Course
E-Commerce Empire (Startup Bros)
I have a bit of a soft spot for these guys.
That’s because the first thing I ever read about Amazon FBA was written by them, I hadn’t even heard of this business model before stumbling upon their website a few years ago.
The Startup Bros Amazon course has been around for a while now and it’s had a couple of name changes along the way.
E-Commerce Empire 2.0 is a comprehensive update of the original course that includes new training videos and a much more streamlined and user friendly interface for the members area.
Previously to this upgrade, some people did occasionally complain online about the sheer volume of content and that it wasn’t structured clearly enough.
The good and the bad…
- Great for beginners
- Active and knowledgeable community
- Good support
- Only marginally less expensive than Amazing Selling Machine
The Startup Bros have structured their training around what they refer to as the “3 Cs” – Content, Community, Coaching.
The ‘content’ consists of eight modules and supporting information.
‘Community’ is centered round a very active and well run Facebook group with good leadership.
Weekly webinars tick the ‘coaching’ box.
This is how the Startup Bros describe the course:
E-Commerce Empire is an interactive training program with a world-class coaching community designed to take you by-the-hand and help you build your own successful e-commerce business.
The E-Commerce Empire Member’s Site Includes:
- Retail and online arbitrage training
- Research methods and techniques
- Database of Supplier Negotiation Templates & Swipes
- Product Validation and Promotion Strategies
- Amazon Product Launch Formula
- Outsourcing and Scaling Up Your Business
- Recordings of Live Webinar Sessions
- 40+ Exclusive Alumni Discounts on Software & Services
In addition to everything listed above, if you join-up, you’ll also get access to experts through the community and weekly live webinars.
There’s plenty of support so you won’t feel like you’re going it totally alone. If you’re interested in selling private label products on Amazon, this is a pretty comprehensive resource well worthy of you consideration.
A big benefit that E-Commerce Empire has over Amazing Selling Machine is that E-Commerce is available for purchase at any time.
Program/Course: E-Commerce Empire 2.0
Product Owners: Will Mitchell and Kyle Eschenroeder
My Rating: 7/10
Visit the site here: Startup Bros
It’s probably pretty clear which of the above three training courses is my preference.
But that doesn’t mean it has to be yours.
My favourite alternative to the Amazing Selling Machine course is down to a few things, all of which MPSH completely delivers on:
I need any training of this type to be extremely clearly structured;
I need the training to be in-depth (I’m not one of those people who can wing it, I need to know I have all the information);
I wanted there to be a Facebook community where the product owners regularly answer questions themselves.
In all honesty, if you come at this with the right attitude, expecting to have to put real work in, any of the above three can give you the knowledge that you need in order to fast track your success.
I hope you’ve found this round-up of ASM alternatives helpful.
Have you tried Amazing Selling Machine?
Do you know something important about the ASM course that you’d like to share?
It would be great to hear from you.
Just drop me a comment in the box further below…or sign-up to my email list and stay in touch.
Want More Stuff Like This?
Straight To Your Inbox
Then sign-up to thedoublethink free newsletter and get strategies I only share with subscribers...for free!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.