Amazon FBA is absolutely booming right now.
But you know that already, that’s why you’re here reading this.
And seeing as you are here reading this, you must also know about…
Amazing Selling Machine
One of the top training programs available in the Amazon space.
You may even be seriously considering signing up to the latest version of the ASM course.
If you are, you’re not going too far wrong, that's for sure!
The course creators; Matt Clark and Jason Katzenback put an awful lot into their long-running course, and it shows in the ongoing quality of the training.
Pretty much everything about ASM is good:
- It works
- It’s regularly updated
- There’s a 6 month money-back guarantee
- The product owners genuinely care about maintaining its high quality
The only real downsides:
- It’s only open to new members a couple of times a year
- The price is right at the top end at a pretty chunky $4,997
Is the price of Amazing Selling Machine going to come down anytime soon?
Are the owners going to leave the doors open to newcomers on a permanent basis?
Unfortunately, it's looking very unlikely on both counts!
And why would they?
When they do open the doors to the latest version of the ASM course, which to date has only ever been twice a year, they tend to be oversubscribed.
So some people are happy to wait, as well as pay the high price.
But not everyone!
For some people the price is just too damn high.
And some people simply just don’t want to wait…
…they want to crack on with their Amazon FBA business right now.
But what are the realistic alternatives?
The good news is this:
Amazing Selling Machine is not your only option…
…there are other outstanding training courses available.
All perfectly positioned to get you up and running with a successful Amazon business.But be very careful when choosing between them.
There’s some really awful stuff out there too…of course there is, this is the internet we're talking about here!
So now what?
Do you now have to go and waste your valued time and hard-earned money trying to sort the good from the bad?
I’ve already done that bit, so you don’t have to!
But before I give you what I believe to be the best alternatives to Amazing Selling Machine…
…a word of warning:
This business model, like any real business, does require some upfront capital.
If you’re looking to start up a business without any upfront expenditure, this probably isn’t the right opportunity for you.
I’m not saying it’s impossible to do this on a shoestring budget, but it will be a lot tougher and take much longer to get off the ground.
It also takes work to get this type of business up and running, we're not talking about a push-button opportunity here.
Let’s get to it…
Which Amazon training programs do I believe to be right up there with Amazing Selling Machine?
And which is the one that I credit with turning my Amazon FBA business from flailing disaster into thriving business?
Basic Criteria for Inclusion:
- Must not be focused solely on retail arbitrage strategies;
- Must be suitable for US and non-US residents;
- Product owners must have successful Amazon FBA track record themselves.
I’ve applied the above criteria so that we’re comparing like-with-like.
For anyone just looking for a super-quick answer to the question…
Here are my picks for outstanding Amazing Selling Machine Alternatives:
- MarketPlace SuperHeroes System v.2
- Jim Cockrums' Proven Amazon Course
- E-Commerce Empire 2.0 (Startup Bros)
If you're looking to stick around a little bit longer…
Here they are with a lot more detail:
#1. MarketPlace SuperHeroes
Okay, I’m probably a bit biased.
The is the FBA training that I use and it’s what's turned my Amazon FBA business around.
I originally joined MPSH mid 2017, since then the course has been continually updated so that it remains completely current and fit for purpose.
The good and the bad…
- Step-by-step well laid out training modules.
- Every aspect of establishing a successful of Amazon FBA business is covered.
- Training goes deep.
- Comprehensive training for selling on Amazon internationally.
- Good for beginners, intermediate and advanced.
- Product owners are extremely engaged.
- Well defined and genuine USP.
- Facebook community is not as active as it could be.
Two things really appealed to me when I first signed up for my training with with these guys:
Product Selection Strategy: There's a crystal clear method for selecting potential products and this is combined with the MPSH software for filtering those potential products through to the best opportunities.
International Expansion: This is not often taught on other Amazon courses who tend to focus only on the United States market. MPSH want you to build your business for international expansion across the U.S., United Kingdom, other European countries etc.
When product owners Robert Rickey and Stephen Somers say they want to teach you how to build a 5 – 7 figure global Amazon business…they absolutely mean it!
This is how MarketPlace Superheroes describe the course:
Discover the exact system that our community members use and have sold over $33,434,000 and completed over 1,343,700 orders on 7 marketplaces with simple, low competition items.
The MarketPlace SuperHeroes program is put together as follows (fully updated Feb/Mar 2021):
- MPSH Ignite Phase 1 – Embark: This phase is all about getting you up and running – Put together across 3 modules made up of 28 detailed video lessons;
- MPSH Ignite Phase 2 – Evolve: This phase is about setting your business up for international success – 3 modules made up of 23 video lessons;
- SuperHero Ecosystem: The dashboard from where you will run your business. From product research and selection, supplier sourcing, labelling, invoicing…it's all here;
- SuperHero Informer: Signing-up to this will make sure you are informed whenever Stephen and Robert share new tips and tricks on the MPSH YouTube channel;
- MPSH Core System V2 Phase 1: This is the previous version of the core 2.0 program, now replaced by Ignite Phase 1;
- MPSH Core System V2 Phase 2: This is the previous version of the core 2.0 program, now replaced by Ignite Phase 2.
Everything you need to create a real thriving business…from scratch!
The content is rock-solid and covers all the crucial topics in great depth, showing that Robert and Stephen are extremely knowledgeable from their many years as Amazon traders.
In my opinion, MPSH does a better job than the competition in deep-diving into all of the areas where the risks of this particular business model lay.
Learn the course material properly and you will be able to avoid all of the potential pitfalls that often slow down new entrants into this market.
Without doubt I believe this to be the best alternative to Amazing Selling Machine, and at a much better price…plus it has the added bonus of an option to pay over twelve months.
#2. Jim Cockrum’s Proven Amazon Course
This is a very popular alternative to Amazing Selling Machine.
And it’s certainly one of the longest running.
If you were to join-up, you'd fine that there's tons of detail covered inside the member’s area.
The combination of video tutorials and written material take you from starting out, to sourcing products, to private labelling and logistics.
But one of the biggest appeals of the course is that there is a specific section for international FBA.
A lot of courses do not consider anyone living outside of the U.S. or Canada, this one does, and they have a ton of successful international students.
If you want a bit more info on what's inside PAC after you've read this round-up review, you can find my full PAC review here.
The good and the bad…
- 100% money back guarantee
- New training material added regularly
- Content is ideal for both newbies and intermediate
- Very active Facebook community
- Great support
- The way the course material is laid out can be a bit confusing for a beginner
- Tends to cover everything broadly, rather than in-depth
This is how the Proven Amazon Course team describe the course:
No other Amazon strategy team in the world boasts the #1 top selling toy on Amazon.com! We've helped numerous students and clients achieve incredible rank on Amazon!
PAC includes the following:
- Introduction to Amazon FBA.
- Step-by-Step getting-started videos.
- Where to find virtually unlimited sources of inventory.
- How to build your own brand of private label products.
- How to easily ship your inventory in bulk at dirt cheap prices.
- How to price your inventory higher than your competition.
- How to automate the entire process.
- How to run your business from anywhere and automate it.
If you are serious about starting a business selling products on Amazon, Proven Amazon Course is well worth thinking seriously about as an alternative to Amazing Selling Machine.
E-Commerce Empire (Startup Bros)
I have a bit of a soft spot for these guys.
That's because the first thing I ever read about Amazon FBA was written by them, I hadn’t even heard of this business model before stumbling upon their website a few years ago.
The Startup Bros Amazon course has been around for a while now and it’s had a couple of name changes along the way.
E-Commerce Empire 2.0 is a comprehensive update of the original course that includes new training videos and a much more streamlined and user friendly interface for the members area.
Previously to this upgrade, some people did occasionally complain online about the sheer volume of content and that it wasn't structured clearly enough.
The good and the bad…
- Great for beginners
- Active and knowledgeable community
- Good support
- A bit pricey
The Startup Bros have structured their training around what they refer to as the “3 Cs” – Content, Community, Coaching.
The ‘content’ consists of eight modules and supporting information.
‘Community’ is centered round a very active and well run Facebook group with good leadership.
Weekly webinars tick the ‘coaching’ box.
This is how the Startup Bros describe the course:
E-Commerce Empire is an interactive training program with a world-class coaching community designed to take you by-the-hand and help you build your own successful e-commerce business.
The E-Commerce Empire Member's Site Includes:
- Retail and online arbitrage training.
- Research methods and techniques.
- Database of Supplier Negotiation Templates & Swipes.
- Product Validation and Promotion Strategies.
- Amazon Product Launch Formula.
- Outsourcing and Scaling Up Your Business.
- Recordings of Live Webinar Sessions.
- 40+ Exclusive Alumni Discounts on Software & Services.
In addition to everything listed above, if you join-up, you'll also get access to experts through the community and weekly live webinars.
There’s plenty of support so you won’t feel like you’re going it totally alone. If you’re interested in selling private label products on Amazon, this is a pretty comprehensive resource well worthy of your consideration.
A big benefit that E-Commerce Empire has over Amazing Selling Machine is that E-Commerce is available for purchase at any time.
It's probably pretty clear which of the above three training courses is my preference.
But that doesn't mean it has to be yours.
All three of these courses are awesome and are run by people who both know what they're talking about…and care about your success.
My personal favourite alternative to the Amazing Selling Machine course is down to a few things, all of which MPSH completely delivers on:
I need any training of this type to be extremely clearly structured;
I need the training to be in-depth (I'm not one of those people who can wing it, I need to know I have all the information);
I wanted there to be a Facebook community where the product owners regularly answer questions themselves.
In all honesty, if you come at this with the right attitude, expecting to have to put real work in, any of the above three can give you the knowledge that you need in order to fast track your success.
I hope you've found this round-up of ASM alternatives helpful.
Have you tried Amazing Selling Machine?
Do you know something important about the ASM course that you'd like to share?
It would be great to hear from you.
Just drop me a comment in the box further below…or sign-up to my email list and stay in touch.
Last Updated on January 5, 2022 by andrewtk
Want More Stuff Like This?
Straight To Your Inbox
Then sign-up to thedoublethink free newsletter and get strategies I only share with subscribers...for free!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.